Friday, March 26, 2010

Understanding the Logic of Underground Economists

Online criminals steal about half a million dollars (400,000 pounds) of data just to fuel the Underground Economy. This video will explain why people do actions like they do.

4 comments:

  1. people link the one in the video just steal from others and sell to other. if they ever get caught doing this they will be in major trouble. i am surprised that you found a video like this because she is putting herself out there for every one to see.
    This definitely will make cautions about viruses and what they can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was an interesting video because shows how much danger of identity and credit theft is on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the underground economy is what drives most 3rd world countries. Everything in society has its place, even the bad things like drug dealing, prostitution and stealing peoples email accounts and bank accounts. Each has a price that people pay and will pay for such services and goods. It’s a way that people don’t like to think about but it does happen and this video clearly states that fact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this video really interesting but kind of scary at the same time. The lady that was being questioned was so calm about what she does and was acting as if it is totally legal what she does. She even motioned having people that work with her or for her at one point, which is just like a normal job.

    I really think they need to start cracking down on people who are doing this and making programs that make it harder for the criminals to hack onto someone’s computer. It’s happened to my family before, and luckily everything worked out, but for some people it can cause extremely serious problems for them in their future. I definitely think something needs to change.

    ReplyDelete