Friday, March 5, 2010
What Is The Underground Economy?
The underground economy is a business world that takes place out of sight of the public view. Generally, this consists of illegal trading, buying, and selling. Among the products for sale are prostitution, drugs, guns, ammunition, and human trafficking. Despite the fact that it seems so immoral, it has boosted the economy to new heights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OH my god wow I didn't know this existed. That's really upsetting and disgusting that our country is really like that. I definitly see that the US is not a free, happy, dream come true place. It's full of lies and disgrace.
ReplyDeleteI disagree that it has “boosted the economy to new heights.” People can make money from buying and selling drugs but most of the money leaves the country. These are not checks that are leaving our country its mainly cash which diminishes our money supply. Also no illegal activity is counted into the GDP.
ReplyDeleteI was aware that there was a such a thing as the underground economy, but i never really knew much about it. Even if it has boosed the economy, which i doubt it could have boosted it that much it is disgraceful that things like this are even going on.
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion I do not believe this boosts the economy. I believe it has no effect on the economy. This is not something to admire. Illegal trading, buying, and selling is not something for our country to be proud of. There is not much many people can do about this people will just have to understand what that the U.S. is not such a great place after all.
ReplyDeleteWell obviously people can make lots of money from the underground economy, such as selling guns, drugs, trafficing, illegal trading... But really, so many people do it and its all well so hidden in the world that no one can really put and end to it...It happens everywhere and if people get caught or arrested, there will be more to follow..It is very hard to investigate, hence it is the 'underground economy'. And it feeds so many people and I'm sure the government is involved too but everyone keeps it a secret and everyone gets their share...so they are all happy when they run it all smoothly...
ReplyDeleteThat’s really interesting; I didn’t even know there was one. I knew that people sold those things, but I had no idea that they actually had a name and was considered a type of economy. I’m also sure that it makes a great deal more money than the normal economy.
ReplyDeleteI didnt know that this had existed either! Well obviously it is known those illegal things happen but i had not known they considered it to be its own economy. I agree it has boosted the economy to new heights because people do in fact make a living doing some of these things. Whether its morally correct is obviously the issue, but lets be realistic for a moment and realize that for the people that have no skills or qualifications, they are supporting their family and economy by buying food, clothes and everything even if with illegal money.
ReplyDeleteI disagree that it actually boosts the economy like this post claims. The money that these people make from all of the illegal trading and purchasing usually goes into an account or into the pockets of the criminals behind all of this. The U.S. does not benefit from this in anyway. The only outcome I see coming from this is a bad reputation.
ReplyDeleteIts a disturbing thought, but true. We all stay in the happy glee rainbow mind set. no one really relizes what actually going on. the world is a corupt place. we all go to our 9-5 jobs go home and eat and sleep and live. but right beneath us a whole other is happening and it is not good.
ReplyDelete